No business is alike. Successful design solutions are founded on clear understanding of the problem, the context, the human factors, and the exploration of possibilities.
Success begins with questions.
7 questions about your UI/UX and Web project.
- What business needs will your website meet? Brochure? Business process automation?
- What psychological needs will your website meet? Reassure? Galvanise action?
- Who are the explicit and “hidden” (political, etc) stakeholders?
- How will your website dovetail with your existing operations?
- Are you already committed to certain technical standards and platforms?
- What is you commitment to development and ongoing maintenance?
- Are you hoping your website will fix non-technical challenges like morale?
5 questions about your Visualisation project.
- How much do you and your audience share cultural and communication styles?
- What medium is the work intended for? On-screen or printed? Small or large scale?
- What existing standards (accessibility, branding, etc) will we need to comply with?
- Will the work play the primary or supportive role in the communication?
- How critical (to safety, financial security, etc) is the comprehension of the work?
5 questions about your Brand project.
- What (other than price and features) sets you apart from your competition?
- Who is your project/business – values, strengths, drivers, fears, and ethics?
- What competing brands are your current and desired customers exposed to?
- How committed are you to publicising and marketing your brand ongoingly?
- What challenges (beyond marketing) are you hoping your brand will resolve?
Need help problem-solving beyond design?
If these questions reveal challenges beyond what design can resolve, especially if they are clouded by strong emotions, you may wish to consider my integrative problem-solving service.